They are now finally proving what natural health practitioners have known for years - that diet soda's disrupt the health of the body.
Artificial sweeteners crowd out certain healthy bacteria in the gut
-----> healthy bacteria that normally keep glucose levels in check
-------> which leads to pre-diabetic conditions after just a few days of consumption.
WOW. incredible preliminary data here:) Not only is it addictive, but it's likely causing pre-diabetic and diabetic conditions in people far and wide.
Since we've had a generation of adults consuming these diet foods and now all those people have had children - it's no wonder we have such a surge in diabetic children. We are changing our DNA with this crap and we need to put it down!
Anyway, off my soapbox. Great article to share if you know someone who is hooked on diet soda's, artificially sweetened teas or drinks, diet drinks etc.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY TO BREAK THE HABIT?
- Start weaning off of diet soda and anything sweetened with saccharine, nutrasweet or splenda.
- Begin drinking lemon water instead
- Start to search for herbal teas that you like - experiment!
- Ultima Electrolyte Drink Powder is a good alternative to other diet drink powders.
- GT's Synergy Kombucha (when you need some carbonation)
- Hansen's Soda (regular and low sugar)
- Reeds Ginger Brew & Root Beers (naturally sweetened)
- Homemade Water Kefir (google it! or check out my photo albums for pics)
As with any addictive substance, be patient with yourself. It takes time to break a chemical addition - believe me, I KNOW! You can do it! :)