Seriously; this was simple and gourmet!
What you'll need:
- 3 Small Organic Golden Beets
- 3 Small Organic Sweet Potatoes or Garnet Yams
- 1/2 Fresh Chopped Fennel Bulb
- 1 Small Organic Onion
- 2 tbsp of Dried Oregano (fresher the better for flavors sake)
- Heavy drizzle of Organic Olive Oil
- 3 nice Size Pads of Butter
- Generous Sprinkle of Real Salt or another mineral rich salt
- A small amount of water for the pan - maybe a 1/4 cup or so.
Combine everything in a Pyrex glass pan. Cover and and bake at 350º until yams and beets are tender (about 45 minutes)
Then broil on high until they are sizzling beautifully. (Less than 10 minutes).
The fennel was an after thought because I bought some to juice with. But it turned out incredible. So tender and delicious;)
Fennel is digestive, while beets and yams are rich in vitamins and minerals. Wonderful for building the blood and nourishing your winter body!