Thought this was a really good article about how antibiotics are changing the way our bodies can protect us from disease; permanently! Check it out!
Bottom line, antibiotics are great if you break your leg and there is an infection or you have a life threatening infection happening.
On the contrary if you have a sniffle, 2000mg of Vitamin C, some Garlic, Echinacea or even just some lovely hot tea will do you better than a course of antibiotics. Antibiotics indiscriminately kill ALL the bacteria inside us, even the little guys that keeps us healthy (like bacteria found in yogurt).
So the next time you have a cold or you even feel a little off- sore throat, swollon grands, congestion growing in the chest- that kind of thing: Reach for THESE:
- Echinacea tincture (30-60) drops per day at first sign of imbalance
- Garlic Capsules (4-6) 1 to 2 times daily. Great for yeast infections, bacterial infections.
- Elderberry tincture (30-60) drops per day at the first sign of imbalance.
- Vitamin C. Powdered Buffered vitamin c 1000-3000mg daily at first sign of imbalance.
- Traditional Medicinal's Gypsy Cold Tea (1-2 bags) 2 or 3 times daily at first sign of cold or flu.
It's not a bad idea to start picking this stuff up now as it's almost September and the changing weather, back to school and dry heat can provoke colds and flu. Let me know if you want suggestions on a brand!