Thanks for your patience as I got my poop in a group this month. I wanted to start a cleanse sooner but I suppose everything is as it should be. It's better to do a cleanse in the spring or the fall (although fall isn't quite in the air yet), it is on the horizon, cooler mornings, shorter days...
So just to break it down for you, here's what you need to buy:
- Every vegetable you ever liked and even the ones you don't:) Buy (2) 5 pound bags of carrots, 10 cucumbers, 2 bunches of celery, a bag of beets, apples, grapes, sweet potatoes, greens. (all of this for juicing and salads:)
- Get creative with green drinks, salads, juicing- they are your friend! I'll be doing a "Juice-Off" VERY soon, where we compare brands, and talk about juicing, how fun it is and the benefits. Stay tuned:)
- Stock up on Organic Frozen Veggies. Great to have when you don't have time for fresh.
- Try some Quinoa (pronounced Quinoa)- it's delish! (replacement for rice & potatoes) Quinoa+Dash of salt & real butter (until you have given up the dairy), then you have to go heavy with the herbs for flavor.
- Some herbal detox teas. Dandelion, Milk thistle, Burdock, Yellow Dock, Parsley, (these are but a few)
- Raw nuts & seeds.
- Ground flax and a high quality healthy fat such as flax, hemp, or fish. Take 2 or 3 tablespoons a day for these liquid oils and never cook with them! Ask me for brand names and creative uses for oils.
- Britta or Pur ( doesn't matter) filtered water. How much water do you drink? (take you body weight and divide it in 2) This is the # of ounces you should drink per day:)
- Dress up your water with lemon or lime if you like. Just brush your teeth before bed because the acidic content of these wreaks havoc on your teeth). Lemon and Lime are alkalizing- MINERALS!!!
- Coconut water ( Brian and Amy's)
- Optional items are: Probiotics(Renew Life), Detox Kit(Renew Life), & possibly a herbal laxative at night like senna.
- If none of these herbal laxatives works for you (or works TOO well) just ask; there are many herbs that have gentle laxative effects.
Acceptable snacks include
- homemade popcorn on the stove with coconut oil and brewers yeast (questions - ask me!)
- Raw nuts and seeds. Hemp seed, Almonds, Brazil Nuts-Yummo!
- Dehydrated fruits (fresh fruit is better though)
- Hummus with veggies
- Beans are ok too:)
The best thing you can do as a first time cleanser is take your time and ask questions on anything you are unsure of. Remember also that your state of mind is very important going in the this thing. Try spending a few days (before you even start) thinking positive thoughts about why you want to do this for yourself. You CAN live happier, better, longer, prescription free, disease free, & have more energy.
You CAN do this; for you and your family! You don't have to eat this way forever; just give your body the break it needs and deserves for a lifetime of tirelessly keeping you upright;) Your body WILL thank you for it:)
Please reach out to me if you have questions on what foods are acceptable; brands of supplements or if anything is unclear.