Raw Salsa on A Wheat Cracker- Pure Heaven!What is better than raw salsa at the end of summer???
...NOTHING! I made a little salsa for my Urban Herb Walk the other night and I just had to write it down. I've been munching on it for 3 days now and it's still really good- if I do say so myself:)
Hopefully most of the ingredients are in the garden for you already- which makes this a cheap and healthy snack! Here's what you'll need...
Organic Abundance Raw Salsa
- 2lbs of Chopped up Organic Roma's, Heirlooms- or whatever you like!
- 1/2 Organic Cucumber Grated (like cheese!) Squeeze out the juices as the tomatoes provide plenty:)
- 1/4 Finely Chopped Organic White Onion (or yellow- I don't really think it matters) You could also use leeks, chives, or red onions.
- 1/4 bunch of Organic Chopped Cilantro (less if your not crazy about it- I do insist on a pinch for authenticity!)
- 2 tbsp of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (start with 2 and if it needs more tanginess- add a bit more)
- 1 tbsp of Organic Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp of Organic Cayenne Pepper (more if you really like it spicy- this amount is mild temperature)
- 1 tsp of Celtic Sea Salt- If it needs more salt at the end- go for it!
- Finally- The Juice (& pulp if you like) of 1/2 of an Organic Lime- SO FRESH!
Eat Your Heart Out Mickey D's! :/Stir Salsa & serve cold on Organic Corn Chips (a must-have as all corn is pretty much GMO otherwise).
Other Fun Ideas for Salsa!
- Top your eggs in the morning, it's excellent for breakfast burritos or little egg sandwiches on leftover biscuits!
- Use on Sandwiches instead of mayo
- Top your crackers with a slice of cheese
- GO TOTALLY RAW- sprinkle a dusting of sea salt on a sliced cucumber and top it with raw salsa.
- WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR SALSA?