I went for a 2 hour walk yesterday evening and I was again amazed by all the medicinal plants popping out of concrete and hiding in random yards and storefront landscaping. East Lansing is no major metropolis but it is in majority concrete like most cities- but life finds a way! There are nutritious and medicinal plants around every corner.
Here's some of my favorites from yesterday's walk!
- the name indicates it's relevance to menstrual and uterine conditions while cardiaca indicates heart and circulatory uses.
- used to bring about delayed or suppressed menstruation especially where anxiety is involved
- used as a menopausal changes tonic
- may be used to ease false labor pains
- excellent tonic for the heart, strengthening without straining
- specific for over-rapid heart beat when brought on by stress
- may be used for heart issues that are brougth on by anxiety and tension
Is that cool or what! I actually recently had my Mom start taking this as she experienced chest pain several weeks ago. All though she "checked out" as not having a heart attack or that her heart was in duress, we're playing it safe and beginning heart strengthening antioxidants and motherwort everyday. Motherwort for my Mother- funny!