AS OF MAY 28th THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER:) REACH OUT WITH ANY QUESTIONS! thanks!
The Cleansing Collective: Community Fasting For Beginners. This event will take place May 31st 2014 from 9:00am to 9:00pm at the lovely Grace Episcopal just south of Downtown Mt. Clemens.
So what's this all about?
Have you ever wanted to try fasting but didn't know where to start? What exactly is fasting?
To fast is to abstain from food for a period of time to gain health and even spiritual benefits. By fasting, we redirect the body's focus to heal organs, eliminate carcinogenic substances, lower inflammation and heal both chronic and acute ailments. Join us to learn what you need to get started and how to fast comfortably, confidently and healthfully.
What we'll do
For 12 hours, from 9:00am to 9:00pm, we'll gather to demonstrate and teach live organic juicing, live organic green drink making, supply organic herbal teas, classes on the benefits of juice fasting, yoga classes, outdoor activities, meditation, movie time, mock-tail happy hour and much more. You will walk away knowing how to fast and feeling empowered to get started on your own at home. There will be no food served, we will be fasting for this event, all in an environment that is comfortable, educational, inspiring and with activities to keep you content during this experience.
What to bring and what not to
Please bring a pillow and your yoga mat in case you intend to do yoga. We will have a few yoga mats here to use. We are recommending limiting use of phone and electronics so we have designated a "wifi area" where people can use phones, laptops or tablets. Disconnecting from our electronics is part of the cleansing process! We aren't saying - don't bring your phones. We are simply encouraging limited use for this cleansing process. This is not an event that is suitable for children, 18 and over only please.
Where to start and when!
Purchase tickets via Eventbrite or call Desiree at 248.629.0558 to arrange payment. There is no need to print a paper ticket! Save a tree and just come! Arrive early between 8:30am and 8:45am to get started. The juicing begins at 9:00am!
Your community fasting experience begins at 115 Main Street in Mt Clemens MI 48043 at the Grace Episcopal Church. Parking is available behind the church. Enter through the back to the kitchen area for our Morning Meet & Greet!
Already Scheduled Activities Include:
- Organic Juicing & Green Drink Sessions & Lessons throughout the day; there is no food at this event. Only liquid breakfast, liquid lunch and liquid dinner as this is what it means to fast.
- (Class) Morning Gentle Yoga (teacher to be announced)
- (Class) What Juicer is Best? What To Buy & Why + The History of Fasting and Spiritual Benefits (teacher to be announced)
- (Class) Benefits of Juice Fasting facilitated by Jennifer Gale
- Guided Meditation facilitated by Mayra Miles
- (Class) Potting Herbs for Take-Home! Learn benefits of herbs and have some organic herbal tea time. (outdoor activity with Jennifer Gale)
- (Movie showing) Fasting Documentary (to be announced)
- (Class) Gentle Yoga (with Desiree Winans)
- (Class) Importance of Clean Water with Judy/Pure Water Station
- (Class) Yin Yoga with Yoga Nidra with Mary Jane Gazda (this is also known as Sleep Yoga which is very restorative)
- The Wind-Down Hour at the end of the day will include a recap of the day, take-home materials, Q&A, next steps, info on breaking the fast, juice fasting kits for purchase will be available for next day fasting.
- A motivating & empowering grand finale presentation
- Other optional activities throughout the day include: quiet time alone, reading, games, walks outside, mock-tail happy hour, use of electronics in the wifi designated areas and more.
This event will be facilitated by Desiree Winans of Modern Hippie Naturopathic Services and Jennifer Gale of The Urban Naturopath, both of Mt Clemens Michigan.